Operative Microscope: minimally invasive dentistry for clinical excellence
Dr. Prof. Giovanni Olivi and Dr. Prof. Cristian Coraini
The aim of this course is to focus on the advantages of the use of magnification devices in Dentistry. Loops and Operative Microscope help the dentist for diagnostic examination, for better control of all the procedures and to follow up the clinical interventions. When using laser technology, the magnification devices help to observe the laser-tissue interaction, better controlling the effects of laser on tissues and so avoiding possible collateral thermal damage. The use of photo or video camera allows to review the operation, to control the work done, its results and to correct errors. Magnification plays a fundamental role in Dentistry, where precision, microinvasive approach and esthetics make the difference in improving the clinical results.
- to know the different parts of an operative microscope;
- to learn the different work position and work ergonomics;
- to understand how the magnification improves neuro-motor skill and so precision;
- to understand how the illumination allows to see better and so to work better;
- to discuss the advantages of the use of magnification in all the fields of Dentistry.
9:00 - 9:45 Different magnification devices for Micro-Dentistry.
9:45 - 10:30 Work positions and ergonomics using the OM.
10:30 - 11:00 coffè break
11:00 - 13:00 OM for diagnosis, Restorative Dentistry, Endodontics, Prosthodontics, Periodontics, Oral Surgery and Implantology. OM and Laser.
13:00 - 14:00 lunch
14:00 - 17:30 Hands on resin model and animal model