Located off road 80km North West of Doha the peninsula is characterized by its striking topography of unusual rock formations, plateaus and coastline within which is located Film City and the dramatic East West/ West East environmental artwork. Film City is a replica village constructed for a popular Qatari TV series 'Eyal Al Theeb' (sons of the wolf) aired in 2000 and comprises a cluster of deserted traditional Qatari style buildings. ‘East West/ West East’ is a massive monolithic artwork installation by the internationally renowned artist Richard Serra. The northern extent of the peninsula is a nature reserve and home to free roaming population of Arabian Oryx. Enjoy a picnic packed lunch along the route. The guest maybe fortunate to observe these often elusive animals in their natural habitat as well as other desert wildlife during this tour.
The journey through the peninsula is off road and offers numerous photographic opportunities to capture both the stunning natural topography, and East West/ West East artwork within the dramatic landscape setting of the peninsula.
Morning Tour: 09:00 – 15:00
Duration: 6 Hours
What to Expect
- Collection (pickup and dropoff) at major hotels
- On leaving the City travel by highway in an air-conditioned 4x4 vehicle for approximately 60 minutes
- Departing the highway travel off road for approximately 20 minutes to ‘East West/ West East’ artwork
- Continue across the peninsula or a further 20 minutes to Film City
- Packed lunch included
- All guides are licensed and English-speaking
This tour is operated on private basis. Minimum four passengers are required to be booked together in order to operate this tour.