Journey north from Doha on a privately guided 6-hour tour and discover Qatar’s historical highlights. Head for Al Khor, an important former pearl diving and fishing center, gaze at the lush, mangrove island at Al Thakira and learn about the migrational bird life that calls Qatar home for parts of the year. Drive to Al Ruwais the country’s northernmost tip and learn about life and culture in Qatar before the oil boom as you absorb the sea view. On route back to Doha, stop at Al Zubarah fortress, a sand-colored, four-towered fort standing lonely guard in the desert.
Experience a smooth excursion out of town, on Qatar’s brand new freeway systems, while travelling to the northern most tip of the country. Obtain a very unique view of Qatar on route at various stops, enjoying rugged coastline and unique ecological areas.
Morning Tour: 09:00 – 15:00
Duration: 6 Hours
What to Expect
- Collection (pickup and dropoff) at major hotels
- Taking approximately 45 minutes, travel by air-conditioned vehicle from your pick-up point to the entrance to the desert at Sealine
- Stop at the boat harbor in Al Khor Village
- Travel to the nearby Al Thakira mangroves notable for migrating bird life
- Visit Al Zubarah where Zubarah Fort is located, a historic Qatari military fortress
- Lunch at local restaurant
This tour is operated on private basis. Minimum four passengers are required to be booked together in order to operate this tour.